Supervisor Airport and Ground Operations
Supervisor, Airport & Ground Operations (International)
The Airports Supervisor leads, develops and maintains strategic relationships with JetBlue Crewmembers, internal departments, and Customers; depending on the specific station, this responsibility may extend to Business Partners as well. The Supervisor serves Airports Crewmembers as well as Business Partners, when applicable, through timely coaching and mentoring, ultimately contributing to the successful development of a growing team environment. The Supervisor will collaborate and partner closely with Manager(s) in the execution of the operational strategy to ensure success of our Customer interactions, control costs, drive revenue, and uphold safety standards.
The Airports Supervisors is a leadership role, directly overseeing and supporting Crewmembers responsible for the execution of JetBlue’s Airport and Ground operations
· The Airport Operations team is responsible for safely performing all processes above the wing, where required, including but not limited to Customer check-in, tagging and accepting baggage, boarding of flights, connecting Customers, irregular operations, station operations, and Baggage Service Office (BSO).
· The Ground Operations team is responsible for safely performing all processes below the wing, where required, including but not limited to bag room, loading of baggage, transfer baggage, safety compliance, cleaning of aircraft, station operations, baggage scanning and ensuring the safe operation of all aircraft.
· Accountable to senior leadership for monitoring and executing the safety and security programs at the station to ensure a safe and secure workplace for Crewmembers, Customers, Business Partners, aircraft, facilities, and ground service equipment (GSE) (where applicable) — responsible for meeting federal and local requirements.
· Provides exceptional service to both internal and external Customers by leading and overseeing the delivery of hospitality and JetBlue Promises, which are in-line with the high expectations Customers have for JetBlue. Responsible for resolving and handling escalated issues with Customers and/or Crewmembers.
· Supports, coaches, and trains Airports Crewmembers and/or Business Partner Crewmembers, encourages engagement, and takes a significant role in their development and growth achievement through effective performance management and ongoing constructive formal and informal feedback.
· Briefs Airports Crewmembers and/or Business Partner Crewmembers prior to each shift and reports all relevant information concerning shift to Crewleader on duty, including any maintenance issues or cancellations.
· Strategically identifies operational challenges and implement improvements to maximize and ensure success of on-time performance initiatives.
· Supports Management in the execution of the operational strategy and assumes Manager/General Manager responsibilities when they are not available.
· Directs and guides Airports Crewmembers and/or Business Partner Crewmembers through operational issues while coordinating efforts with all applicable stakeholders throughout the operation as well as Business Partners in order to ensure effective day-to-day collaboration and accountability.
· Obtains and stays current on Airport and/or Ground Operations qualifications, as required.
· Ensures that policies and procedures are conducted in accordance with SAPQ and applicable federal regulations and standards, including escalating any non-compliance to Leadership, and advising of any other escalated operational issues while monitoring events.
· Partners with JetBlue University including the JBU Field Educator to ensure effective training that leads to successful Customer interactions and upholds safety standards
· Evaluates daily Crewmember and/or Business Partner Crewmembers’ shift schedules and assignments to ensure maximum efficiency during regular and irregular operations. Must be able to stay ahead of any potential staffing challenges during both regular and irregular operations. Additionally, Supervisor should be able to plot and assign Crewmembers to all applicable areas as needed.
· Required to fulfill frontline duties and assist in supporting Frontline CMs as needed
· Administrative support may be assigned, depending on station size
· Serves as Ground Security Coordinator and is responsible for the safety and security of ground handling operations, where applicable.
· Ensures that Company’s cash management policies are followed. Responsible for reconciling cash and payments on a daily basis
· Responsible for performing periodic audits and addressing findings to ensure compliance with all safety, financial, and operational procedures
· Other duties as assigned, including special projects.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) or equivalent
· Three (3) years of Customer service, sales, or airline experience, OR one (1) year JetBlue CEX experience
· Able to stand continuously up to four (4) hours at a time
· Must be able to read, write, and speak English and native language of the station
· Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and diplomacy
· Able to work variable hours, flexible shifts, including holidays and weekends
· Ability to perform under pressure and fixed time constraints
· Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office
· Must be able to use handheld radios and microphones to communicate with operations and make all terminal announcements
· Available for occasional overnight travel (25%)
· Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
· Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
· Supervisors overseeing Ground Operations must possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a driving record that meets JetBlue Airways’ insurance standards
· Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
· Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
· Able to work with various forms of payment (cash, credit cards, traveler’s checks, etc.)
· Valid Visa to travel in and out of the United States of America
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
· One (1) year of leadership or Supervision experience, preferably in the Airline industry
· Outstanding leadership capabilities, with ability to lead, train and motivate
· Knowledgeable in Airport Operations and/or Ground Operations
· Knowledgeable in Sabre and Movement Control Web
· Knowledgeable in FLM, Blue Eye, CRO, GSC
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills
· Excellent Customer service skills
· Ability to think creatively
· Bilingual skills
· Regular attendance and punctuality
· Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
· Able to maintain a professional appearance
· When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable Crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
· Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
· Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
· Identify safety and/or security concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report (SAR))
· Adhere to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, CAA, UK Dft etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
· Uphold JetBlue’s safety performance metric goals and understanding how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
· Computer and other office equipment
· Jet bridge and/or airstairs operation
· Public Address System
· Supervisors overseeing Ground Operations will use Ground service equipment (GSE), hand held radios, scanners, light emitting diode (LED) signs, mail and cargo equipment as necessary (Ground Operations Crewmembers)
· Informational Display Screen systems (RIDS, FIDS, BIDS, GIDS, SPIDS)
· Free-standing computer kiosks used to identify and process Customer reservations
· Bag Scanners
· Duty Phone
· Airport environment
· Subject to weather and elevated noise levels within airports
· Ability to stand for an extended period of time
· Required to do shift work and irregular hours due to irregular operations
· Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to fifty (50) pounds frequently and/or seventy to one hundred (70-100) pounds occasionally with the assistance of other people or tools and be in a position where bending, crouching, kneeling, etc. is needed.
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita careers.jetblue.com.